Becoming a new member or renewing your membership with the East Valley Aviators R/C Club is easy!
Before getting started, there are a few important things to know
1) A current EVA member must sponsor new applicants. The EVA sponsor is responsible for informing new applicants and guests about EVA rules, transmitter control, flight line safety procedures, and general field security requirements.
2) Members and guests must abide by all AMA and EVA Club rules. The EVA rules have been provided to all members and are posted at the flying site. Questions about safety and Club rules should be directed to a Club Officer (see EVA main page for Officer contact information).
3) Members may sponsor guests to allow them to use the flying facilities and to introduce them to the Club. However, they must have a current AMA or MAAC insurance card. After a few visits, guests should make a decision on joining the Club. Students without AMA or MAAC insurance may fly three (3) times on a buddy cord with a Club Instructor. After an introductory lesson, they should be encouraged to join the AMA and EVA to proceed with their instruction.
4) EVA has a flight-training program. EVA is always in need of flight instructors and qualified applicants are encouraged to volunteer their assistance. Students should indicate their training needs on the application for membership.
EVA does not have partial or associate memberships and does not prorate dues for new members.
CURRENT MEMBERSHIP YEARLY DUES
Individual Membership = $50.00 (if after January 31st and renewing, add $10 late fee)
Family Membership = $60.00 (if after January 31st and renewing, add $10 late fee)
Youth Member = $15.00 (if after January 31st and renewing, add $10 late fee)
New members pay a one time $25.00 initiation fee in addition to the yearly dues.
For online applications, follow these simple steps
- On the EVA main page, click the Membership tab and choose ‘Membership Application’
- Fill out the information fields. Note the items listed as required fields. We cannot process your application or renewal without this information.
- We cannot accept an application without a valid, current AMA or MAAC number.
- For new member applications, a current EVA member must sponsor you. You will need to provide that sponsor’s name and EVA badge #
- After completing the form, click the submit button at the bottom of the application page. This will take you to the payment page
- On the payment page, choose your payment method from the following choices: mail-in check or the appropriate Paypal Button
- Check your e-mail for a confirmation your application has been successfully received
- Wait for your paperwork to arrive in the mail. New Members receive an EVA badge, current validation sticker to be placed on badge, gate combination, welcome letter from our President, and club rules. Renewals will receive a current validation sticker to be placed on badge and the gate combination
For paper applications, follow these simple steps
- Print the ‘Membership Application’ page out
- Fill in all requested information
- Write a check to “East Valley Aviators” for the proper amount. Note that new members need to include a one time $25.00 initiation fee with their first year dues.
- Make a copy of your AMA or MAAC card
- Mail the completed application, check, and copy of AMA or MAAC card to the Membership Officer at EVA c/o John Pomroy, 11343 E Elmhurst Drive, Chandler, AZ 85249
- Wait for your paperwork to arrive in the mail. New Members receive an EVA badge, current validation sticker to be placed on badge, gate combination, welcome letter from our President, and club rules. Renewals will receive a current validation sticker to be placed on badge and gate combination